Everyone worries about things that happen in school or at home from time to time. It’s rare that a pupil sails through school without experiencing some sort of issue. Here at Ysgol Nantgwyn, we want to ensure you have the very best support available. There are key members of staff that you can speak to so that you get the support that you need.
- I need to talk to someone from school
- I feel low and don't know what to do...Help!
- What if I need support from my family?
- How do I make myself feel happy?
- What if one of my friends needs assistance?
- I am concerned about a family member
- I have experienced abuse in education
- I am an older person and I have experienced abuse
- Talking about mental health
- What is a panic attack?
- Self harm
- Suicidal thoughts
- Phone/online assistance and sources of help
- Bereavement overview
- Advice and guidance to support
- How children respond: aged between two and five
- How children respond: aged between five and ten
- How children respond: Adolescents
- Getting professional help
- What is grief?
- Dealing with bereavement guide - Mind
- Dealing with bereavement guide - Eye to Eye
- Grief workbook
Sexting awareness is taught as part of our Wellbeing curriculum in upper school, we are also going to include this in curriculum delivery in years’ seven and eight in the spring term too.
Sexting can be very upsetting, disturbing and it is also important to recognise that sharing images is also illegal.
To support you there are a range of videos and resources available to support discussions with your children and would recommend that you share these at an appropriate time with your son or daughter.
Please use the guidance elements above to provide you with assistance should you need it.