Start of term information
Letter from the Headteacher
|Year Groups||Start of the day||End of the day|
|Reception - Year 3||8.55am||3.10pm|
|Year 4 - Year 8||8.40am||3.05pm|
|Year 9 - Year 11||8.40am||3.05pm|
- Breakfast Club
- Online Payments
- Snack and Fruit
- School Prospectus
- Data and School Information
- Transport and Site Guidance
- Further Information
We will be using the RCT Online Payments system to take payment for dinners (Nursery to Year 6) and to update canteen accounts (Years 7-11 and staff). We will also be using this system for parents to pay for trips and most activities that require a payment to the school. The Local Authority will be sending you a letter over the Summer with you unique log-in details and further information on how you use this system.
We encourage all parents to register with this system as it will be the easiest and quickest method of payment for you. if you need any help and support with using this, please let us know and we will help you as much as possible.
Children in the Gwyn building are encouraged to bring a healthy snack and water bottle to school with them every day. Children under 7 will also be offered milk on a daily basis. For the first two weeks of the Autumn term, pupils in the Gwyn building will also be supplied with fruit for 'snack time'. This will be followed by a paid scheme with further information to follow.
In the Nant building, children have access to the school canteen at breakfast club, morning break and are encouraged to bring water to school with them every day. Water fountains are available to ket points throughout the building.
We are committed to working with all families to ensure that we have a smooth transition in the first few days of the new term. We welcome feedback and comment to make immediate and long-term improvements in those first few days.
Parents are politely requested not to arrive at the school site for pick up until 3.00pm at the earliest to ensure we have a calm and orderly end to the school day. There is ample parking in the Gwyn car park and parents are requested to use this area sensibly and safely. The school buses collect approximately 100 pupils form this side of the sire from Year 7 to 11 and we endeavour to have dismissed and safely escorted all children to their buses prior to the Gwyn building being dismissed.
We will observe, evaluate and react quickly to ensure this process is as effective as possible.
Ysgol Nantgwyn site guidance for parents
As we have said in all of the parent forums, it is likely that the site will be busy at start and end times in the first couple of weeks of Ysgol Nantgwyn before it eases into a more routine level for the remainder of the year. The most important aspect of the morning and afternoon routines are to ensure that all pupils get to their classrooms safely, efficiently and calmly. There will be many staff members out on the site in the first weeks and beyond to help you find your way to your child’s classroom for drop off or collection. Could we please ask that you take note of the following general guidelines in order to plan your movements around the site.
As a general guideline, where your journey allows, please could you walk, cycle or take public transport to the school. We would also ask if you are driving whether you could consider parking your car away from the site and walking the last part or whether you could work with other parents to form car share arrangements.
The school gates will be locked between 09:00 and 14:50. Any parents or pupils needing to access the site between these times will need to do so from the Llewellyn Street end of the school site.
For pupils located in Nant building (years 7 to 11):
· Nant building is located on the Llewellyn Street side of the school site.
· Those accessing by foot or cycle are advised to approach the school from the Llewellyn Street end and enter the site by the new path at the top of Llewellyn Street, the steps or the main site entrance. At all times, pupils should keep to designated pathways.
· Those accessing by car can access the school from Llewellyn Street and follow the one way turning circle in order to safely drop pupils. At all times, the 5mph speedlimit will need to be observed.
· Those accessing by school bus will be dropped to the turning circle on the Gellifaelog side of the site. It is the expectation that on arrival, pupils in years 7-11 will walk to the Nant building, along the designated path, where they are based.
For pupils located in Gwyn building (Nursery through to year 6):
· Gwyn building is located on the Gellifaelog side of the school site.
· There is limited parking available on site for parents who wish to walk their children to their classrooms. All parking spaces are clearly visible. Please do not use drop off zones for parking.
· There are two drop zones where parents are able to drop off their children for them to make their own way into the building (suggested for middle school children only).
· There is one drop zone where parents are able to drop off their children to a staff member to be escorted to their classroom.
· Pupils in nursery through to year 2 will enter the building through their own classroom door which is at the rear of the building and accessed through the playground. Nursery and reception will enter and leave the playground on the north side of the building and year 1 and year 2 on the south side. Pupils in nursery through to year 2 will be collected from their classroom door which will enable staff to release pupils to parents/those authorised to collect.
· Pupils in year 3 through to year 6 are located on the first floor of the Gwyn building and will enter through the main entrance at the front of the building. Staff will be outside in the morning to receive them.
· RCT have published safe routes to school information and can be contacted if there are any queries about this. Pupils are discouraged from walking along the bypass at all times.
· Pupils will be collected from the same points are they are dropped off.