Utility Container

Mobile Menu Trigger (container)

Search Trigger (Container)

Above Nav Container

What to do if ...

I have a concern about my child's progress
Most concerns can be addressed quickly by your child's school Raising Standards Leader.  If you do not receive a satisfactory response, you may consider contacting your child's Head of School.
I have a concern that my child is being bullied
We do not tolerate bullying in any form.  If you suspect that your child is being bullied, or knows someone who is being bullied, please contact your child's school Raising Standards Leader.  Further information can be found here.


I have a concern about the safety and wellbeing of my child or other children at school
We want to know about any concerns you have, no matter how small, when it comes to safeguarding children.  This includes the safety or wellbeing of a child outside of school.  By letting us know, we are able to look after children at the school better.  You can communicate you concerns to any member of staff at the school who will ask for this to be shared with the Safeguarding team.
Designated Safeguarding Officer  : 
Mr Ryan Evans, Deputy Headteacher
Deputy Safeguarding Officers  :
Mrs Catherine Waithaka, Assistant Headteacher
Mrs Helen Higgs, Assistant Headteacher and ALENCo
Mrs Roslyn Ridley, Senior Raising Standards Lead
Safeguarding Officers :
Mrs Elizabeth Elford
Mrs Teresa Woodbridge
Mrs Allison Carter


I would like to request for my child to be absent from school
For any planned absence, please contact our Attendance Office. Further information can also be found in our attendance policy.


I would like to offer my time or help to the school
Parents can support the school in the following ways:
  • By becoming a governor
  • By supporting our parent/teacher association
  • By offering work placements
  • By offering to speak to groups of students
  • By helping at a career’s event or with mock interviews
  • By donating money or resources
  • By providing feedback through surveys or focus groups


I would like my child to move school

Parents have the right to apply for a place for their child at any school.  We cannot remove a child from our roll until a place at a new school has been confirmed and the child has started.  If you are considering removing your child from our school, please notify us as soon as possible so that we can support this move.

If you would like to transfer a pupil into Ysgol Nantgwyn, please get in touch with us and also contact the local authority using the following details for admissions:


Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council,

Education and Inclusion Services

Ty Trevithick


Mountain Ash

CF45 4UQ

Email:  schooladmissions@rctcbc.gov.uk

Tel: 01443 281111




I have a complaint about the school

We will always try to resolve any concerns informally in the first instance.  Please contact your child's Raising Standards Lead  or main reception to discuss your concerns.

If you are not satisfied with the response you have received, please ask for your complaint to be escalated to a member of the Leadership Team.

For serious or persistent matters, please address a formal complaint in writing to the Headteacher, Mrs Retallick.

All complaint will be dealt with in line accordance with our Complaints Policy.

Complaints Policy