The Healthy Schools Scheme was launched in 1999 to support schools in creating a healthier community in which we live.
"The ‘Healthy School’ is one which takes responsibility for maintaining and promoting the health of all who ‘learn, work, play and live’ within it not only by formally teaching pupils about how to lead healthy lives but by enabling pupils and staff to take control over aspects of the school environment which influence their health."
- another pupil-friendly policy during the Autumn term,
- a healthy packed lunch policy (see our website for information on this that you may find useful),
- the daily mile (more information found here)
In just our first year as Ysgol Nantgwyn, our Healthy Schools Team have worked tirelessly to achieve Phase 1, 2, 3 and Phase 4 of the Healthy School accreditation and we are very proud of the work they have undertaken in such a short space of time!
Some of the work included :
- a Pupil-Friendly Anti-Bullying leaflet, created by the Wellbeing Pupil Leadership Team.
- a presentation delivered to Governors, pupils in assemblies as well as the Healthy Schools Assessment Team, by the Wellbeing Pupil Leadership Team.