There are many different ways in which a parent or member of the community can help at Ysgol Nantgwyn whether that is on an ad-hoc or regular basis. These could include:
- Helping with literacy (typically listening to children read)
- Helping with numeracy
- Sharing your professional skills supporting activities such as Mock Interviews or in-class talks
- Helping with classroom activities such as cookery or DT
- Helping lead an after-school club like chess, arts and crafts or a sporting activity
- Helping on school trips
- Helping with sporting events or music/drama productions
There are also more official ways to volunteer at Ysgol Nantgwyn, for instance by joining the PTA or offering your services as a Governor, although these won’t necessarily involve much (or any) direct work with children
How do we select our volunteers?
We are very keen to enlist parent volunteers, especially if you are able to commit to coming into school regularly (although all support is appreciated). If you would like to become a volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you would like come in and support and the days/times you might be available. We can contact you to discuss this further and arrange to send out an application pack.
Before anyone can volunteer to help at Ysgol Nantgwyn, you will have to undertake that we will arrange through the Local Authority and is part of the application pack If you would like further information on a DBS check, click here.